From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Screenrecording with audio from firefox
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 14:17:28
1 Hi Daniel,
2
3 short question...what is catia (beside a CAD program by Dassault
4 Systems... ;)...
5 Can't find that in portage...
6
7 Cheers!
8 Meino
12 On 06/03 03:47, Daniel Sonck wrote:
13 > I just installed simplescreenrecorder as well. The same pulseaudio method
14 > should also work for that by choosing the "Monitor" variants, although I have
15 > to add that it would not allow you to capture both a mic and firefox (or other
16 > application at the same time) unless you play back your own microphone sound.
17 > With OBS you can add an Input and Output source to have both mic and desktop
18 > audio.
19 >
20 > If you want to have more control or are reluctant to use pulseaudio (as some
21 > are) then it gets more complicated. With ALSA, I know there are ways to
22 > support it by editing the ALSA configuration file but I don't know anything
23 > about that (nor do I really like that approach).
24 >
25 > I would then recommend using JACK instead, and setup ALSA programs to use a
26 > wrapper for JACK, this would allow you to route any audio through anything
27 > (for which people in Music as I am use Jack) including mixing it together
28 > before sending to SimpleScreenRecorder or OBS. The 2 tools I recommend to add
29 > would be cadence (for configuring Jack + ALSA) and catia (to setup the proper
30 > audio routing) possibly combined with some jack audio mixer to get a "virtual
31 > mixing panel".
32 >
33 > Hope this helps
34 >