From: Fernando Antunes <fs.antunes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xfce4 tray icon problems
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 01:04:13
1 On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Fernando Antunes <fs.antunes@×××××.com>wrote:
5 > On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 >> I'm having a problem with xfce4 tray icons all of a sudden. The
8 >> wicd-client icon won't show up, even though the binary executes in a
9 >> terminal without error. I've tried restarting wicd and rebooting.
10 >> The twinkle icon shows up in the center of the screen instead of the
11 >> tray, and it has its own panel button which is separate from the main
12 >> app's panel button. Does anyone know what could be wrong?
15 > I didn't understand very well what happen with you, possible because my bad
16 > english vocabulary, but have you tried run wicd-client with --no-tray
17 > parameter ?
18 >
19 > Another guess, when I upgraded to xfce 4.6 it was necessarily emerge
20 x11-themes/tango-icon-theme and set xfce to use it. This package fixed every
21 icon problemthat I had in xfce menu.
25 > - Grant