From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xfce4 tray icon problems
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 01:43:48
1 >>> I'm having a problem with xfce4 tray icons all of a sudden.  The
2 >>> wicd-client icon won't show up, even though the binary executes in a
3 >>> terminal without error.  I've tried restarting wicd and rebooting.
4 >>> The twinkle icon shows up in the center of the screen instead of the
5 >>> tray, and it has its own panel button which is separate from the main
6 >>> app's panel button.  Does anyone know what could be wrong?
7 >>>
8 >>
9 >> I didn't understand very well what happen with you, possible because my
10 >> bad english vocabulary, but have you tried run wicd-client with  --no-tray
11 >> parameter ?
12 >>
13 > Another guess, when I upgraded to xfce 4.6 it was necessarily emerge
14 > x11-themes/tango-icon-theme and set xfce to use it. This package fixed every
15 > icon problemthat I had in xfce menu.
16
17 I'm sorry, I just saw your post now for some reason. I don't think
18 the problem is with tango-icon-theme because I have 2 identical
19 laptops with very similar configurations and neither of them have that
20 package installed. Only 1 of the laptops is having this problem.
21
22 The problem is with system tray icons that are not panel plugins. For
23 example: wicd, twinkle, blueman, orage. The icons for those do not
24 appear at all except for the twinkle icon which appears right in the
25 center of the screen. All other icons work fine, and system tray
26 icons that are panel plugins such as xfce4-mixer and clipman work
27 fine.
28
29 Any ideas?
30