From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and google
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 03:17:06
1 pk wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Now to explain a little. When I mouse click in the address location and
5 >> enter "fore", this little thing pops up and wants to do a Google search
6 >> for the word "fore". Naturally this does NOT get me to the local
7 >> weather forecast since it bypasses looking for the keyword. I like the
8 >> history feature that pops up but I want to get rid of the Google search
9 >> part. If I want to search for something with Google, I type in gg and
10 >> then type in what I am searching for.
13 > You can try:
14 >
15 > http://maketecheasier.com/28-coolest-firefox-aboutconfig-tricks/2008/08/21
16 > (most entries in about:config is shared between seamonkey/firefox)
17 >
18 > http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries
19 >
20 > keyword.URL and/or keyword.enabled may be what you are looking for.
21 >
22 > HTH
23 >
24 > Best regards
25 >
26 > Peter Karlsson
31 I'm going to save those links. I don't understand what 90% of that
32 config stuff does and I would hate to mess it up.
33
34 Thanks for the links.
35
36 Dale