From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video card with two ports.
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 03:49:32
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 09:32:54PM -0500, Dale wrote
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> Quick question. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 220 video card. It has a
6 >> VGA and a HDMI connection. My question, if I hook a monitor to each
7 >> port, they will both have the same pic right? Also, I have not hooked
8 >> anything to the HDMI port yet, does it "just work" or do I have to set
9 >> something for it to work in xorg.conf or something.
10 > But why would you want identical images? Google Xinerama. See
11 > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/XineramaHowTo (yeah it's Ubuntu), for
12 > how to get a B-I-I-I-I-G two-screen-wide desktop. Note that the
13 > specific numbers (resolution and vert and horiz frequencies) will depend
14 > on your monitors and card. Do *NOT* copy them verbatim.
17 So this little card CAN have different images on each port? That would
18 be cool. I was just going to hook my puter to the TV so that I could
19 watch some videos on the TV. My TV is HD. My 20 year old TV just got
20 tired and got all weird. It wasn't worth fixing either. Heck, I save
21 enough on the light bill to pay for this new one.
22
23 This could be neat.
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!