From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Video card with two ports.
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 03:20:21
1 On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 09:32:54PM -0500, Dale wrote
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > Quick question. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 220 video card. It has a
5 > VGA and a HDMI connection. My question, if I hook a monitor to each
6 > port, they will both have the same pic right? Also, I have not hooked
7 > anything to the HDMI port yet, does it "just work" or do I have to set
8 > something for it to work in xorg.conf or something.
9
10 But why would you want identical images? Google Xinerama. See
11 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/XineramaHowTo (yeah it's Ubuntu), for
12 how to get a B-I-I-I-I-G two-screen-wide desktop. Note that the
13 specific numbers (resolution and vert and horiz frequencies) will depend
14 on your monitors and card. Do *NOT* copy them verbatim.
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
18 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications