From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Video card with two ports.
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:04:34
1 On 2013-10-30, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 09:32:54PM -0500, Dale wrote
3 >> Howdy,
4 >>
5 >> Quick question. I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 220 video card. It has a
6 >> VGA and a HDMI connection. My question, if I hook a monitor to each
7 >> port, they will both have the same pic right? Also, I have not hooked
8 >> anything to the HDMI port yet, does it "just work" or do I have to set
9 >> something for it to work in xorg.conf or something.
10 >
11 > But why would you want identical images? Google Xinerama. See
12 > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/XineramaHowTo (yeah it's Ubuntu),
13 > for how to get a B-I-I-I-I-G two-screen-wide desktop.
14
15 Or you can have a different desktop on each monitor. [I find that more
16 useful than have a single big desktop that spans multiple monitors.]
17 That's done by simply configuring separate X displays. I prefer to
18 edit my xorg.conf to do that, but you can also use xrandr to configure
19 multiple displays.
22 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! The entire CHINESE
23 at WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL TEAM all
24 gmail.com share ONE personality --
25 and have since BIRTH!!