From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Video card with two ports.
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:21:01
1 On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:03:34 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > But why would you want identical images? Google Xinerama. See
4 > > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/XineramaHowTo (yeah it's Ubuntu),
5 > > for how to get a B-I-I-I-I-G two-screen-wide desktop.
6 >
7 > Or you can have a different desktop on each monitor. [I find that more
8 > useful than have a single big desktop that spans multiple monitors.]
9 > That's done by simply configuring separate X displays. I prefer to
10 > edit my xorg.conf to do that, but you can also use xrandr to configure
11 > multiple displays.
12
13 I think Dale still uses KDE, in which case it can be handled by the KDE
14 System Settings options.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.