From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Basic device for a Gentoo router/firewall?
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 08:49:33
1 On Tuesday 25 May 2010 04:55:05 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 > We buy about 5 - 10 of these (started on the net4801, now the
4 > net5501) per year at work:
5 > http://www.yawarra.com.au/hw-net5501.php
6 > And make them do various things ranging in intensity from data
7 > servers to gateway/firewall/routers and so on. We've used IDE and
8 > flash in them, usually IDE for the convenience. We compile for x86.
9 > The 4 network ports are nice, and there's some GPIO to boot.
10
11 I'm intrigued. How do you connect displays to them? I assume you'd need
12 one for at least the first steps of installing an OS, no?
15 Rgds
16 Peter.