From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: A plea for calm
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 00:01:34
1 David Leverton ha scritto:
2 > On Wednesday 17 September 2008 00:27:54 b.n. wrote:
3 >> If he *knew* it was idiotic, he *would not* have done it, isn't it?
4 >
5 > That's his problem.
6
7 No, that's *your* problem now, because you and your accolites now look
8 like a bunch of arrogant a**holes, instead of helpful people.
9
10 You did a wonderfully awful PR job.
11
12 If your aim is Paludis success or even thriving, you are failing in one
13 of the most ridicolous ways possible.
14 (And if your aim is not Paludis success, why do you care about people
15 spreading "lies" on that project?)
16
17 >> Until I will see anti-paludis campaigns in the streets, sorry, it's just
18 >> paranoia.
19 >
20 > That seems like a rather arbitrary restriction. As you said, most people in
21 > the world don't care about anything Gentoo-related, so campaigning in the
22 > streets seems rather unlikely,
23
24 That was of course an hyperbole.
25
26 I asked instead seriously for facts about such "campaign". URLs of
27 websites dedicated against Paludis, menacing mails, personal attacks,
28 whatever. I am still waiting for evidence of this mysterious conspiracy.
29
30 > but that's no excuse for spreading lies
31 > amongst the subset of people who do care.
32
33 I will believe these are lies when I will see facts backing your
34 assertions. Until that, I am neutral on both sides.
35
36 >> And, sir, what would the aim of those people be? What advantage they
37 >> have from maliciously and viciously crushing Paludis? Will they become
38 >> richer? More powerful? Or it's for the women?
39 >
40 > My theory is that they're scared. Or it could just be because they enjoy
41 > hurting other people.
42
43 Scared of what? Of you? My theory is that you have no clue: and that's
44 obvious, since you can't rationalize fully what is simply a reassuring
45 delusion.
46
47 >> And you are not doing that. Trying to win on Volker, you are losing with
48 >> everyone else.
49 >
50 > Only the irrational ones.
51
52 And if you care only about rational ones, well:
53 - if these are lies, rational people will look at facts for themselves
54 and will stay on the rational side. So why caring at Volker's lies?
55 - irrational people will believe to lies, but you don't care of
56 irrational people, so, why bothering again?
57
58 So, how is you are rational?