From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: A plea for calm
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 23:25:46
1 On Wednesday 17 September 2008 00:27:54 b.n. wrote:
2 > If he *knew* it was idiotic, he *would not* have done it, isn't it?
3
4 That's his problem.
5
6 > Until I will see anti-paludis campaigns in the streets, sorry, it's just
7 > paranoia.
8
9 That seems like a rather arbitrary restriction. As you said, most people in
10 the world don't care about anything Gentoo-related, so campaigning in the
11 streets seems rather unlikely, but that's no excuse for spreading lies
12 amongst the subset of people who do care.
13
14 > And, sir, what would the aim of those people be? What advantage they
15 > have from maliciously and viciously crushing Paludis? Will they become
16 > richer? More powerful? Or it's for the women?
17
18 My theory is that they're scared. Or it could just be because they enjoy
19 hurting other people.
20
21 > And you are not doing that. Trying to win on Volker, you are losing with
22 > everyone else.
23
24 Only the irrational ones.