From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New mobo change
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:07:11
1 On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 10:54:05PM -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > William Kenworthy wrote:
3 > > On 21/10/13 11:09, Dale wrote:
4 > >>
5 > >> I rebooted and the newest sysrescue still wouldn't boot up. It says it
6 > >> can't find /sysrcd.dat which I think is caused because it can't use the
7 > >> USB port that the sysrescue stick is plugged into.
8
9 That is from the kernel which you already loaded from USB. It just can't
10 find the root filesystem which can have different causes (not necessarily
11 hardware). I have the same problem nowadays with my Gentoo-based USB linux
12 that I built for myself.
13
14 > Well, I have enabled everything I could find from the Knoppix test and
15 > it still does not work. I'm likely going to just try to config a kernel
16 > from scratch later on. That or go back to the one from my old mobo and
17 > just change the chipset. See if that works.
18
19 I don't remember having read at all what kind of board(s) you have.
20 Brand? Type?
23 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
24 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
25
26 Which animal can add? An Octoplus.