From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New mobo change
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 03:54:19
1 William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > On 21/10/13 11:09, Dale wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I rebooted and the newest sysrescue still wouldn't boot up. It says it
5 >> can't find /sysrcd.dat which I think is caused because it can't use the
6 >> USB port that the sysrescue stick is plugged into. So, I booted Knoppix
7 >> instead from DVD. Success. I got a list of drivers from lspci and plan
8 >> to research them and see if I am missing something. If not, I may just
9 >> start with a fresh config and see if that helps.
10 >>
11 >> At least the mobo is working tho. That's a good thing. It's a start at
12 >> least.
13 >>
14 >> Dale
15 >>
16 >> :-) :-)
17 >>
18 > Ive found that with gentoo/sysrescuecd before - the other distros do a
19 > better job of detection - I have a dell system here that wont work on
20 > SRD for instance. But after using ubuntu to find what was missing, its
21 > running gentoo fine.
22 >
23 > Billk
29 Well, I have enabled everything I could find from the Knoppix test and
30 it still does not work. I'm likely going to just try to config a kernel
31 from scratch later on. That or go back to the one from my old mobo and
32 just change the chipset. See if that works.
33
34 Thanks for the help. I'll post updates when I can. I may be pretty
35 busy for a few days. Could be a bit.
36
37 Dale
38
42 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!