From: Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Can't unlock session in KDE 3.4
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:10:56
1 >> Kb layout switch in session unlock screen
2 >> doesn't work for me after upgrade to kde 3.4
3 >> When kde session locks on timeout
4 >> and the keyboard happens to be left in non-english layout
5 >> I can't switch it back to en and have to kill X
6 >> to get things back to normal.
7 >> This only happens when unlocking a session
8 >> and works well inside kde.
9 >> Any ideas?
10 >
11 > Sounds like it could be a security constraint. A locked screen
12 > shouldn't allow much more than password input. You can't input the
13 > password with the non-en layout? Too bad :-(.
14
15 Hi Zac,
16 That doesn't sound optimistic. Does it?
17 The problem is it used to be working.
18 And the widget to switch kb layouts is still there.
19 But it doesn't work as expected.
20 And yep. The damn password is all ascii. Too bad.
21 I've just found this is not the only problem I'm having
22 with i18n in kde. For some reason I can't switch encodings in
23 kde editors either.
24 I should mention this happened after massive system cleanup.
25 Removed gnome and a bunch of multimedia soft I didn't need any more.
26 Followed by usual depcleans and revdep-rebuilds.
27 Didn't find any inconsistences in installed ebuilds though.
28 So the challenge still stands and all suggestions welcome.
29 Sasha
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list