From: Emil Beinroth <emilbeinroth@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help with the dreaded mount: RPC: Program not registered
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:09:52
1 On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 08:24:42AM -0400, John Blinka wrote:
2 > >
3 > > Try `/etc/init.d/nfs --debug start`, that ought to give us some output
4 > > to work on.
5 >
6 > The output is rather long - 1830 lines, so it's in the attached file.
7
8 Ok, there are some funny things in there. Please also post the output of
9 the following commands.
10
11 find /var/lib/init.d/ -name nfs | xargs ls -lh
12 ls -lA /var/lib/init.d/
13 cat /etc/runlevels/*/.critical
14
15 > Not a stupid question - I've been known to overlook the obvious. But I've
16 > been running the same kernel for quite some time, and nfs has worked
17 > before on that kernel. However, on tobey:
20 > CONFIG_NFS_FS=m
21 > CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
22 > # CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL is not set
23 > CONFIG_NFS_V4=y
24 > # CONFIG_NFS_DIRECTIO is not set
25 > CONFIG_NFSD=m
26 > CONFIG_NFSD_V3=y
27 > # CONFIG_NFSD_V3_ACL is not set
28 > CONFIG_NFSD_V4=y
29 > CONFIG_NFSD_TCP=y
30 > CONFIG_NFS_COMMON=y
31 > # CONFIG_NCPFS_NFS_NS is not set
32
33 That looks fine.
36 Cheers, Emil
39 Emil Beinroth
40 83059 Kolbermoor | Germany
41
42 <Mercury> emacs sucks, literally, not a insult, just a comment that its large
43 enough to have a noticeable gravitational pull...