From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help with the dreaded mount: RPC: Program not registered
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 12:38:35
2 > Try `/etc/init.d/nfs --debug start`, that ought to give us some output
3 > to work on.
7 The output is rather long - 1830 lines, so it's in the attached file.
10 This may be a stupid question, but do you have the nfs-stuff in your
11 > kernel enabled?
15 Not a stupid question - I've been known to overlook the obvious. But I've
16 been running the same kernel for quite some time, and nfs has worked
17 before on that kernel. However, on tobey:
20 CONFIG_NFS_FS=m
21 CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
22 # CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL is not set
23 CONFIG_NFS_V4=y
24 # CONFIG_NFS_DIRECTIO is not set
25 CONFIG_NFSD=m
26 CONFIG_NFSD_V3=y
27 # CONFIG_NFSD_V3_ACL is not set
28 CONFIG_NFSD_V4=y
29 CONFIG_NFSD_TCP=y
30 CONFIG_NFS_COMMON=y
31 # CONFIG_NCPFS_NFS_NS is not set

nfs_start_debug application/octet-stream