From: Emil Beinroth <emilbeinroth@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help with the dreaded mount: RPC: Program not registered
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 10:25:48
1 On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 04:58:45PM -0400, John Blinka wrote:
2 > And I guess you are using nfs3?
3 >
4 > I really don't know. Where would I look to determine whether I'm using 3 or
5 > 4?
6
7 If you don't know, then you are certainly running nfs3. nfs4 uses 'nfs4'
8 as fs_type in fstab, as opposed to nfs3 which is using 'nfs'.
9
10 > 2) /etc/init.d/nfs start on tobey produces no output, no running
11 > nfsd daemons, and exit code 1.
12
13 Try `/etc/init.d/nfs --debug start`, that ought to give us some output
14 to work on.
15
16 This may be a stupid question, but do you have the nfs-stuff in your
17 kernel enabled?
20 Cheers, Emil
23 Emil Beinroth
24 83059 Kolbermoor | Germany
25
26 Bounty hunter: You're wanted, Wales.
27 Josey Wales: Reckon I'm right popular. You a bounty hunter?
28 Bounty hunter: A man's got to do something for a living these days.
29 Josey Wales: Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.
30
31 -- The Outlaw Josey Wales