From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mozilla won't start after upgrading to 1.7.13 [DEAD BRANCH]
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:32:58
1 Roman Zilka wrote:
2
3 >>>Oops, my fault and apologies. Please ignore this redundant post.
4 >>>
5 >>>-Roman Zilka
6 >>>
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>Did you get it working or sorry for the second send?
11 >>
12 >>I ran into this a while back and it is on here somewhere but I can not
13 >>remember what I did to fix it.
14 >>
15 >>Dale
16 >>:-)
21 >Unfortunately not:( , that was just an I'm-sorry for the second send.
22 >I don't have access to that computer right now, but wasn't
23 >that healing magic touch related to $USE perhaps? Or maybe a certain
24 >plugin? (But I experimented with those too I think.)
25 >
26 >Anyway, if the solution lays posted somewhere around here, my repeated
27 >apologies are in place:). I'll check the archive once more, thanks for
28 >the hint.
29 >
30 >-Roman
34 Now I remember. It just sort of hit me all at once. I had to re-emerge
35 all this:
36
37 > 1137403163: Started emerge on: Jan 16, 2006 03:19:23
38 > 1137403163: *** emerge --verbose gnome-icon-theme
39 > evolution-data-server hicolor-icon-theme miscfiles gconfmm madplay
40 > libglade gnome-vfsmm gnome-vfs gnome-keyring hashalot tunepimp
41 > gnome-themes bin86 win32codecs opencdk ed
44 I'm not sure what part fixed it but one or more of them did. I was
45 trying to get rid of Gnome stuff but Mozilla needs some of it I guess.
46 You may want to just try one at a time and see if it works.
47
48 Hope that helps.
49
50 Dale