From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:35:02
1 On 3/22/2010 3:40 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 22 March 2010 19:21:26 KH wrote:
3 >> Am 22.03.2010 20:17, schrieb Mick:
4 >>> TBH, I wouldn't pay money for it but as many OEM impose a MSWindows tax
5 >>> on all of us I had no other option if I wanted to buy this particular
6 >>> laptop.
7 >>
8 >> You can refuse the license agreement and give windows back. If you are
9 >> lucky, the vendor will give you some money back.
10 >
11 > Getting money back from Dell?!! It'll be like squeezing blood out of a
12 > stone. ;-)
13 >
14 > Seriously though, I've asked them to take it off for me and they said that
15 > this is "not an option"!
16
17 Particularly annoying is the fact that Dell claims to be "Linux
18 friendly". Which is apparently shorthand for:
19
20 "Sure, we'll happily sell you one of three crappy laptop models with
21 Ubuntu pre-installed, at a slight discount, while bombarding you with
22 'Dell Recommends Windows' ads while you shop. What's that? You want a
23 desktop machine with Linux? Are you insane?"