From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "emerge -DuvatN world" doesn't show all upgradeable packages
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:49:17
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:27:59 +0200, Michael Schmarck wrote:
4 >
5 >> It really depends on, from what side you're coming. If you want
6 >> just a few packages, then all is well with the current approach.
7 >>
8 >> If you, however, want everything but a few packages, then the
9 >> current approach isn't so fine anymore.
10 >
11 > Do as previously suggested and use individual meta packages instead of
12 > the all-encompassing kde-meta,
13
14 I think, I'm doing that. And in doing that, I came to the point,
15 that nothing depends on kde-i18n.
16
17 I did a
18
19 find /usr/portage -name "*ebuild" -exec grep kde-i18n {} +
20
21 and found, that only the kde-meta package depends on kde-i18n.
22
23 Michael
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list