From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "emerge -DuvatN world" doesn't show all upgradeable packages
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:44:32
1 On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:27:59 +0200, Michael Schmarck wrote:
2
3 > It really depends on, from what side you're coming. If you want
4 > just a few packages, then all is well with the current approach.
5 >
6 > If you, however, want everything but a few packages, then the
7 > current approach isn't so fine anymore.
8
9 Do as previously suggested and use individual meta packages instead of
10 the all-encompassing kde-meta, or use a mixture of meta and individual
11 packages (that is what I do).
12
13 If you just want to omit a couple of packages, try package.provided. This
14 is not what it is meant for, but I have used it to exclude kppp and
15 kpersonaliser.
16
17 > I do understand that there's a reason why it is the way it is,
18 > but this does not mean, that I have to like it, does it?
19
20 Of course not :)
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Handy Guide to Modern Science:
27 1. If it's green or it wiggles, it's biology.
28 2. If it stinks, it's chemistry.
29 3. If it doesn't work, it's physics.