From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "emerge -DuvatN world" doesn't show all upgradeable packages
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:28:31
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 14:36:45 +0200, Michael Schmarck wrote:
4 >
5 >> >> Which majorly sucks, as there are good reasons why the packages
6 >> >> should NOT be the way they are right now.
7 >> >
8 >> > Such as?
9 >>
10 >> Finer control, without cluttering the world file.
11 >
12 > What could be finer than picking which packages you want to install. The
13 > KDE meta packages are for people who don't want fine control.
14
15 It really depends on, from what side you're coming. If you want
16 just a few packages, then all is well with the current approach.
17
18 If you, however, want everything but a few packages, then the
19 current approach isn't so fine anymore.
20
21 I do understand that there's a reason why it is the way it is,
22 but this does not mean, that I have to like it, does it?
23
24 Michael
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list