From: Yann Ormanns <yann-ormanns@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] su doesn't work for me.
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:20:40
1 Subject: [gentoo-user] su doesn't work for me.
2 From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
3 To: Yann Ormanns <yann-ormanns@×××.de>
4 Date: 2011-04-10 15:17 (+0000)
5
6 > Hi, Gentoo.
7 >
8 > When, as a normal user, I type "su", followed, when prompted, by the
9 > root password, I get the following error message:
10 >
11 > su: Permission denied
12 >
13 > . The return code is 1. I can't glean anything useful from the man
14 > page.
15 >
16 > Would somebody please tell me what I'm missing.
17 >
18 > Many thanks!
21 Are you a member of the "wheel"-group? You can check that by executing
22 "id yourname". If not, execute "usermod -aG wheel yourname".
23
24 Best regards,
25 Yann