From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: How to make mutt open files by *EXTENSION*?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:04:42
1 120724 Todd Goodman wrote:
2 > His problem is they've started sending his PDF
3 > as application/octet-stream
4 > which needs further investigation to determine what it really is.
5
6 I suspect the OP's ISP is the same as mine (we live in the same city),
7 in which case I recommend what I do -- also using Mutt -- ,
8 ie 'v'iew the list of attachments, 'c'opy the PDF to some local dir
9 -- I actually keep them all under ~/biz/ilog/<myname>.pdf --
10 & read the details there with Evince (or his choice).
11 After that, he can simply delete the original e-mail from the ISP.
12
13 The value of Gentoo is that you can keep things really simple.
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca