From: Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: How to make mutt open files by *EXTENSION*?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 18:03:39
1 * Terry <ny6p01@×××××.com> [120724 00:44]:
2 >
3 > I may be mistaken (away from computer atm) but doesn't mutt use mailcap? I believe I use /etc/mailcap but you could also use per user files, /home/user/.mailcap to adjust your attachment handling. There's lots of guides on the web.
4 >
5 [..]
6
7 Hi Terry,
8
9 Yes, it uses mailcap (/etc/mailcap or ~/.mailcap.)
10
11 His problem is they've started sending his PDF as
12 application/octet-stream which needs further investigation to determine
13 what it really is.
14
15 Todd