From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: How to make mutt open files by *EXTENSION*?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:03:48
1 On 2012-07-24, Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > * Terry <ny6p01@×××××.com> [120724 00:44]:
3 >>
4 >> I may be mistaken (away from computer atm) but doesn't mutt use mailcap? I believe I use /etc/mailcap but you could also use per user files, /home/user/.mailcap to adjust your attachment handling. There's lots of guides on the web.
5 >>
6 > [..]
7 >
8 > Hi Terry,
9 >
10 > Yes, it uses mailcap (/etc/mailcap or ~/.mailcap.)
11 >
12 > His problem is they've started sending his PDF as
13 > application/octet-stream
14
15 AFAICT, that's been standard operating breakage for Outlook+Exchange
16 since bits were invented. I've been getting PDF files typed as
17 application/octet-stream from Outlook users for 15 years.
20 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I guess it was all a
21 at DREAM ... or an episode of
22 gmail.com HAWAII FIVE-O ...