From: fruktopus <fruktopus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] swap partition on Raspberry
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 11:39:39
1 Hello,
2
3 i am setting up gentoo a Raspberry (B) following the gentoo wiki [1],
4 first i prepare the SD-Card. The wiki links to the instructions over at
5 embedded linux wiki [2].
6
7 I wonder about the disk layout.
8
9 Q1: Do i need a swap partition, and if yes is 512m ok?
10
11 The gentoo wiki creates one, the elinux wiki not.
12
13 Q2: Also the Raspberry is likely to be powered down without warning. To
14 my belief jounarled filesystems can handle this. I plan to use JFS since
15 it works well on my desktop as well. Is there something I could have in
16 mind?
17
18 Q3: The gentoo wiki briefly mentions to use squashfs for /usr/portage.
19 What will be the benefits of this?
20
21 [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
22 [2] http://elinux.org/RPi_Advanced_Setup