From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fake MAC Address Bungling Wireless
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 11:40:12
1 On Sunday 15 February 2009, daid kahl wrote:
2
3 > wifi0: probing for an IPV4LL address
4 > wifi0: checking 169.254.62.179 is available on attached networks
5 > wifi0: using IPv4LL address
6 > 169.254.62.179 [ ok
7 > ] * received address 169.254.62.179/16
8 >
9 > I'm not concerned if you have this IP, because this is the non-functional
10 > California IP that my computer continues to assign itself in Gentoo.
11
12 No I don't think it is. You have compiled dhcpcd with zeroconf enabled and if
13 it takes too long to get an ip address from your wireless router the zeroconf
14 kicks in and assigns one of the private addresses reserved for this purpose.
15 You could try recompiling dhcpcd without zeroconf and see what happens.
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick