From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 22:43:28
1 Am 19.12.2016 um 10:59 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > If you can't work that out for yourself, what are you doing running
3 > Gentoo. I'm stating it can be done, I have neither the time nor the
4 > inclination to document it.
5
6 The question is not, if I can work this out myself or not. The question
7 is: Can you prove what you're claiming?
8
9 > I never claimed it was reasonable, you asked for a way to read them if
10 > you don't have systemd installed and I suggested a way.
11
12 I didn't ask. I've proven that those binary log files are crap, because
13 not they are not - say - compatible or interchangeable or whatever to
14 normal POSIX systems like the text files are.
15
16 The commands cat, less, grep are on every UNIX/Linux system. This
17 systemd logreader (I've forgotten its name) is not.
18
19 > But if you intend to dismiss anyone with a standpoint that does not
20 > precisely align with yours as a fanboy, there is no point in continuing
21 > this discussion.
22
23 It's just that you gave the same silly arguments every Poettering fanboy
24 gives in such discussions.
25
26 > Excellent, adding distortion to the ad hominem insults. I was simply
27 > pointing out that systemd does not preclude the use of an alternative
28 > logger.
29
30 Just twist it as you need it.
31
32 > Why? Because you demand so?
33
34 Because the Poettering fanboys and you always say so.
35
36 Heiko Baums