From: "João Miguel" <jmcf125@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Root device as UUID not properly detected
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 18:20:24
1 How do I know if any of these happen?
2 > Possible causes:
3 > 1. USB stick doesn't work as boot device
4 Well, it did with Arch, the boot partition has the boot, legacy_boot and
5 esp flags. Plus if anything was to be problematic, I'd assume it would
6 be BIOS or syslinux detection of the drive bootable device, not mounting.
7 >
8 > 2. USB port is not supported by kernel
9 I'm not sure what you mean. Is there any option I should enable for
10 genkernel? I read on the Wiki page that
11 >
12 > 3. You don't use root_delay as boot option
13 If that's what I think it is, I tell syslinux to wait 5 seconds. It does
14 work. In every computer. It's when it starts loading modules and all,
15 reaching the point where initrd needs to mount the root device that it
16 gives an error. I don't know how to tell it to wait there though. And as
17 I said, even if I did, it wouldn't work on all computers, on some initrd
18 cant figure it out at all.
19 > --
20
21 > Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
22 No problem, thanks for the response. I'm just baffled with this error.
23 João Miguel