From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to control permissions on / ?
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 17:00:33
1 Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > Can you control permissions on /? If so, how? I've found that I have the
5 > following in two different machines:
6 >
7 > proxy ~ # ls -ld /
8 > d-wxr----t 19 root root 472 Nov 15 17:41 /
9 > protos ~ # ls -ld /
10 > drwxr-xr-x 19 root root 440 mar 10 2005 /
11
12 I installed a machine a few months ago, oct?, that had the same
13 permissions as the first machine you list above. I never did figure out
14 why that machine had strange permissions, but a number of other people
15 seem to have had the same issue around the same time. I've installed a
16 number of machine since and haven't run into it again.
17
18 In any case a chmod 755 / fixed it.
19
20 kashani