From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to control permissions on / ?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:14:22
1 2006/1/9, kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>:
2 >
3 > Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
4 > > Hi there,
5 > >
6 > > Can you control permissions on /? If so, how? I've found that I have the
7 > > following in two different machines:
8 > >
9 > > proxy ~ # ls -ld /
10 > > d-wxr----t 19 root root 472 Nov 15 17:41 /
11 > > protos ~ # ls -ld /
12 > > drwxr-xr-x 19 root root 440 mar 10 2005 /
13 >
14 > I installed a machine a few months ago, oct?, that had the same
15 > permissions as the first machine you list above. I never did figure out
16 > why that machine had strange permissions, but a number of other people
17 > seem to have had the same issue around the same time. I've installed a
18 > number of machine since and haven't run into it again.
19 >
20 > In any case a chmod 755 / fixed it.
23 Did you use the Gentoo installer?
24
25 Best regards
26 Jose