From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} RAM & apache MaxClients (rock & a hard place)
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:44:48
1 >> Thanks Michael, I think I will set up nginx to serve my images. That
2 >> should take a big load off apache. Is nginx still beneficial when
3 >> using the Worker MPM?
4 >
5 > It...depends?
6 >
7 > nginx in reverse caching proxy mode will simply serve up objects before
8 > the httpd it's protecting has to deal with them. Whether the type of an
9 > MPM makes a significant difference on nginx's value depends more on what
10 > kind of work you are (or aren't) asking Apache to do. I really couldn't
11 > answer that for you without knowing the details behind what you're
12 > running on top of Apache.
13
14 OK, I think either nginx or Worker would help prevent MaxClients from
15 being reached and using both of them would help even further.
16
17 >> Should I be OK with NGINX_MODULES_HTTP="" in /etc/make.conf if I'm
18 >> only serving images?
19
20 Any Gentoo'ers running nginx like this?
21
22 - Grant