From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] partition needs to be fsckd, keyboard locked
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:56:29
1 On Thursday 13 March 2008, b.n. wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > After a hard freeze on the Gentoo partition of my Macbook Pro laptop,
5 > I rebooted, and I found this dreaded message:
6 >
7 > /dev/sda4: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
8 > (i.e., without -a or -p options)
9 >
10 > And it asks me my root password, or ctrl-d to skip the fsck. Problem
11 > is, my keyboard seems totally unresponsive. So I basically can't boot
12 > into my system.
13 >
14 > I'm currently downloading a livecd to bypass this, obviously, but I
15 > wonder - if there's some other solution
16 > - something I should be aware of before fscking the filesystem?
17
18 try edit the kernel line in the bootloader to add the parameter "single"
19 to the end of the kernel line. Hopefully bypassing the rest of the boot
20 up runlevel stuff will leave you with a working keyboard. I can't
21 really help much further, as I don't know how the Macbook keyboards are
22 connected or wired up
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list