From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] partition needs to be fsckd, keyboard locked
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:44:33
1 Alan McKinnon ha scritto:
2 > On Thursday 13 March 2008, b.n. wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> After a hard freeze on the Gentoo partition of my Macbook Pro laptop,
6 >> I rebooted, and I found this dreaded message:
7 >>
8 >> /dev/sda4: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
9 >> (i.e., without -a or -p options)
10 >>
11 >> And it asks me my root password, or ctrl-d to skip the fsck. Problem
12 >> is, my keyboard seems totally unresponsive. So I basically can't boot
13 >> into my system.
14 >>
15 >> I'm currently downloading a livecd to bypass this, obviously, but I
16 >> wonder - if there's some other solution
17 >> - something I should be aware of before fscking the filesystem?
18 >
19 > try edit the kernel line in the bootloader to add the parameter "single"
20 > to the end of the kernel line.
21
22 Tried that, it seems it doesn't work (it seems to ignore it, but I am
23 not sure. I'll try again).
24
25 > Hopefully bypassing the rest of the boot
26 > up runlevel stuff will leave you with a working keyboard. I can't
27 > really help much further, as I don't know how the Macbook keyboards are
28 > connected or wired up
29
30 I think Linux sees it as an USB keyboard, but I don't know for sure.
31
32 m.
33 --
34 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list