From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSHd: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:30:16
1 On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 15:27 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 > > I hooked up my old server box today so that I could update the software,
4 > > only to find that I could not ssh over to it:
5 > >
6 > > michael@camille ~ $ ssh bullet
7 > > Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
8 > >
9 > > There were no 'official' logs, but a website I found on google suggested
10 > > running
11 > >
12 > > /usr/sbin/sshd -ddd -p 2202
13 > >
14 > > and then trying to shell over with
15 > >
16 > > ssh -p 2202<boxname>
17 > >
18 > > Here's the output. I piped it to a file:
19 >
20 > [snip]
21 >
22 > > I tried upgrading PAM and rebooting, but it didn't solve the problem.
23 > > I'm running pam-1.0.1, if that matters...
24 >
25 > what problem? you haven't actually said what is / isn't working! What's
26 > the output from the client when you try and ssh in with the command "ssh
27 > -p 2202 <boxname>"?
30 I thought I was pretty clear on that, but here it is again:
31
32 michael@camille ~ $ ssh -p 2202 bullet
33 Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
34
35 As you can see, I'm still locked out.