From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSHd: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 05:57:42
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > I hooked up my old server box today so that I could update the software,
3 > only to find that I could not ssh over to it:
4 >
5 > michael@camille ~ $ ssh bullet
6 > Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
7 >
8 > There were no 'official' logs, but a website I found on google suggested
9 > running
10 >
11 > /usr/sbin/sshd -ddd -p 2202
12 >
13 > and then trying to shell over with
14 >
15 > ssh -p 2202<boxname>
16 >
17 > Here's the output. I piped it to a file:
18
19 [snip]
20
21 > I tried upgrading PAM and rebooting, but it didn't solve the problem.
22 > I'm running pam-1.0.1, if that matters...
23
24 what problem? you haven't actually said what is / isn't working! What's
25 the output from the client when you try and ssh in with the command "ssh
26 -p 2202 <boxname>"?
31 Don't go easy on each other just because you're brother and sister. I
32 want to see you both fighting for your parents' love.
33
34 -- Homer Simpson
35 Lisa on Ice