From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audacious-1.4* - can't adjust volume
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:05:58
1 I ran into this problem at home. I can't get to that PC anytime soon,
2 but I'll try my best at guessing as much detail as possible using
3 another Gentoo box. 95% probability of correct info.
4
5 ------------------
6
7 > a.) The versions and USE-Flags of audacious and audacious-plugins.
8
9 audacious-1.4.5, dbus nls -chardet -libsamplerate
10
11 audacious-plugins-1.4.4, aac alsa dbus flac mp3 musepack nls oss sdl
12 sndfile sse2 timidity vorbis wavpack -adplug -arts -chardet -esd -gnome
13 -jack -lirc -modplug -mtp -pulseaudio -sid -tta -wma
14
15 > b.) "$ uname -msvr"
16
17 Kernel built from gentoo-sources based on 2.6.2X. PREEMPT (everything).
18 32b, x86, AMD.
19
20 > c.) Your CFLAGS.
21
22 -O2 -pipe -march=athlon-xp -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3 -m3dnow
23 -fomit-frame-pointer
24
25 > d.) The audio output plugin you are using.
26
27 ALSA. Using the default, in-kernel driver. The soundcard is some ATI
28 IXP chipset-based onboard thing (listed as "ATI" in lspci as well IIRC).
29
30 ------------------
31
32 Thank you for trying to solve this. Anyway, a-1.4 only brought problems
33 to me and no apparent improvements. A messed-up audioscrobbler plugin,
34 this volume setting issue, forming a playlist took a considerably longer
35 amount of time compared to a-1.3, plus it playfully crashed from time
36 to time.
37
38 -rz
39 --