From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] audacious-1.4* - can't adjust volume
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:55:51
1 Since audacious-1.4* there seems to be something b0rked with the volume
2 controls. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't (there is a thread
3 about this in users-de). In more detail:
4
5 Adjusting the volume from within audacious works, usually with all files
6 in the current playlist, if at least one of these files has been added
7 manually, since audacious has been started.
8
9 If this is not the case, you might be able to change the volume from
10 within audacious for a few seconds, but after that, audacious seems to
11 loose complete control over it. You can move the sliders, without them
12 changing anything. If you want to do a quick check, if this problem
13 applies also to you, try
14
15 "
16 $ audacious foo.mp3
17 "
18
19 wait, say 10 seconds, and then try to change the volume from within
20 audacious.
21
22 I'm going to file a Bug about this, but before doing so, I want to
23 collect some more information, as I don't think, that this problem
24 affects anyone using audacious, and I want this fixed. So, if you are
25 using audacious-1.4.*, please tell me if the issue I've described above
26 applies to you or not. Also include at least the following information:
27
28 a.) The versions and USE-Flags of audacious and audacious-plugins.
29 b.) "$ uname -msvr"
30 c.) Your CFLAGS.
31 d.) The audio output plugin you are using.
32
33 Here is what I have:
34
35 a.)
36 media-sound/audacious-1.4.5
37 USE="dbus nls -chardet -libsamplerate" 0 kB
38 media-plugins/audacious-plugins-1.4.4
39 USE="aac alsa dbus flac gnome mp3 nls pulseaudio sdl sse2 vorbis wma
40 -adplug -arts -chardet -esd -jack -lirc -modplug -mtp -musepack -oss
41 -sid -sndfile -timidity -tta -wavpack" 0 kB
42
43 b.)
44 Linux 2.6.23-gentoo-r9 #2 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 10 21:18:38 CET 2008
45 x86_64
46
47 c.)
48 CFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe"