From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Restrict certain web users by IP
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 00:36:44
3 > So I'm sure I understand, if I want to keep the IP address which accesses
4 > the web content the same, this means setting up a vhost for a port other
5 > than 80 and 443 which the other vhosts are already set up on?
8 No, vhosts can use http host headers, so you just need a second dns entry
9 pointing to the same ip address. The browser will include the hostname in
10 its request and apache will use it to decide which content to serve.