From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: new thinkpad with Gentoo
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 20:17:13
1 On 11/20/2014 11:16 AM, thegeezer wrote:
2 > yeah at first it's odd, but then when you start getting used to
3 > navigating without removing hands from keyboard it does become almost a
4 > prerequisite.
5 > does anyone know if you can get usb keyboards that have the trackpoint
6 > style mini-joystick in the middle of them ?
7
8 Yep:
9 http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/itemdetails/0B47190/460/60AC6A0372B14F5BA7B12F1FF88E33C7
10
11 I almost bought this one but I wanted a usb port on my keyboard itself
12 for my mouse, IIRC this one didn't have that.
13
14 I have used a lenovo keyboard with it, I liked it, just wish it had a
15 USB port for the mouse.
18 > the other big thing with the thinkpads used to be the keyboards. the
19 > x201 had a great almost totally full size keyboard, but they are
20 > increasingly becoming a thing of a bygone era with apple style
21 > calculator buttons that have nothing like the tactile response they used
22 > to have. as lenovo are moving away from these big-key style keyboards,
23 > does anyone have any recommendations of a laptop supplier that is
24 > starting to use them ?
27 I've been looking around too and it seems like everyone's doing the
28 chicklet keyboards. I haven't looked that hard, but almost every laptop
29 I've found seems to have the goofy keyboards.
30
31 Dan