From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Where has vmware-config.pl gone?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 23:42:34
1 Hi all,
2
3 I just upgraded from vmware-workstation vmware-workstation-6.0.5.109488
4 to vmware-workstation-6.5.1.126130 as I'm upgrading kernels, modules,
5 etc, and the old faithful 6.0.5 version has been hard masked...
6
7 I get the usual:
8
9 VMware Workstation Error:
10 VMware Workstation is installed, but it has not been (correctly)
11 configured for your running kernel. To (re-)configure it, your system
12 administrator must find and run "vmware-config.pl". For more
13 information, please see the VMware Workstation documentation.
16 But for the life of me I can't find vmware-config.pl. slocate returns
17 nothing. Google isn't helpful either. The emerge log mentioned `emerge
18 --config vmware-workstation` which output this:
19
20 Configuring pkg...
21
22 Network settings database seems to be invalid,configuring default
23 settings
24 Configuring Bridged network vmnet0
25 Configuring hostonly network vmnet1, probing for unused subnet ...
26 Configuring NAT network vmnet8, probing for unused subnet ...
27 Configured default networks - Bridged, Hostonly, NAT
28
29 But vmware still complains about vmware-config.pl
30
31 Any ideas?
32
33 thanks,
37 What makes us so bitter against people who outwit us is that they think
38 themselves cleverer than we are.