From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where has vmware-config.pl gone?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 23:58:03
1 updatedb and then slocate?
2
3 I'm running the server, not the workstation. For me the path is
4
5 /opt/vmware/server/bin/vmware-config.pl
6
7 Hope this helps,
8 Mark
9
10 On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
11 > Hi all,
12 >
13 > I just upgraded from vmware-workstation vmware-workstation-6.0.5.109488
14 > to vmware-workstation-6.5.1.126130 as I'm upgrading kernels, modules,
15 > etc, and the old faithful 6.0.5 version has been hard masked...
16 >
17 > I get the usual:
18 >
19 > VMware Workstation Error:
20 > VMware Workstation is installed, but it has not been (correctly)
21 > configured for your running kernel. To (re-)configure it, your system
22 > administrator must find and run "vmware-config.pl". For more
23 > information, please see the VMware Workstation documentation.
26 > But for the life of me I can't find vmware-config.pl. slocate returns
27 > nothing. Google isn't helpful either. The emerge log mentioned `emerge
28 > --config vmware-workstation` which output this:
29 >
30 > Configuring pkg...
31 >
32 > Network settings database seems to be invalid,configuring default
33 > settings
34 > Configuring Bridged network vmnet0
35 > Configuring hostonly network vmnet1, probing for unused subnet ...
36 > Configuring NAT network vmnet8, probing for unused subnet ...
37 > Configured default networks - Bridged, Hostonly, NAT
38 >
39 > But vmware still complains about vmware-config.pl
40 >
41 > Any ideas?
42 >
43 > thanks,
44 > --
45 > Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace dot net dot au>
46 >
47 > What makes us so bitter against people who outwit us is that they think
48 > themselves cleverer than we are.