From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing BTRFS on MBR with OpenRC
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 23:46:32
1 On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 09:29:32 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > > Now you know why I boot directly from the ISO in /boot ;-)
4
5 > That is obviously a convenience, but my main use case for a rescue CD
6 > is when there is something messed up with my bootloader/disks/etc.
7 > So, I'd prefer to have it on a USB stick that I verify boots and then
8 > set aside for when it is needed.
9
10 > No harm in ALSO having it in your bootloader as an option.
11
12 I keep a stick around too, but the main advantage of having it in /boot
13 is that it is much easier to find when I need it :-O
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Experience is directly proportional to the value of equipment destroyed.