From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing BTRFS on MBR with OpenRC
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 13:29:40
1 On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 08:18:40 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 >> So, if you have a USB stick that won't boot, consider that the problem
5 >> may actually lie in your BIOS...
6 >
7 > Now you know why I boot directly from the ISO in /boot ;-)
10 That is obviously a convenience, but my main use case for a rescue CD
11 is when there is something messed up with my bootloader/disks/etc.
12 So, I'd prefer to have it on a USB stick that I verify boots and then
13 set aside for when it is needed.
14
15 No harm in ALSO having it in your bootloader as an option.
18 Rich