From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Disable fcron logging
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 06:53:03
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 00:12 on Tuesday 24 August 2010, Alex Schuster
2 did opine thusly:
3
4 > > Configure your syslogger to devnull these specific entries.
5 > > All three common sysloggers (syslogd,syslog-ng,rsyslog) all come with
6 > > extensive documentation on how to do this.
7 >
8 > Hmm, okay. I think there is no perfect solution. When I disable logging of
9 > this PAM stuff, I can only disable it completely, but what if I want to
10 > keep the logging from other jobs that are not run that often? Although for
11 > this case I can use the direct logging of fcron (without nolog), so this
12 > is quite academic. Can anybody still follow me? But thanks for the
13 > clarification.
16 I use syslog-ng and that allows you to write a custom rule looking for the app
17 that generated the log "[fcron]" and a string in the log entry
18 "pam_unix(fcron:session)". You can then filter it out.
19
20 However you do it, the solution is quite fragile and very specific to your
21 setup. A general solution that works everywhere will be difficult to form.
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com