From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage telling me what it's doing
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 22:56:37
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 22:41:26 +0800, Kerwin Hui wrote:
3 >
4 >>> If it is updates, I do this:
5 >>>
6 >>> emerge --resume -p | genlop -p
7 >>>
8 >>
9 >> Any reason why genlop instead of qlop (app-portage/portage-utils)?
10 >
11 > Last time I looked, qlop did not provide any estimate of time remaining.
16 That will teach me to take a nap. That's why I use genlop too. I
17 rarely use any of the q commands. It seems something is always missing
18 for one reason or the other. I'm sure that varies over time tho.
19
20 I'm just disappointed that genlop fails if it runs into a package that
21 has not been compiled before. It offers a option to go to a website and
22 estimate the time from that but thing is, no one has my CPU so that
23 errors out too. I wish they would put it back like it was and if a
24 person wants to use the option to check a website, fine, they can do
25 that. In the meantime, I get something besides a error message and no
26 info at all.
27
28 Progress is sometimes no progress at all.
29
30 Dale
31
35 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
36 how you interpreted my words!
37
38 Miss the compile output? Hint:
39 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"