From: Panics Robert <pampi@×××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] possible udev problem?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 15:13:39
1 Hello !
5 I have a problem, some days ago with the /dev directory. Some or all
6 blocking devices despaired like /dev/vg/ /dev/loop/ /dev/sda and some others
7 also. After a reboot I see that my server couldn't boot in, couse it try to
8 find the root filesystem from /dev/vg/root (using lvm) At the boot process
9 when I see that Activating mdev, I see that the logical volume groups found
10 ok, so after I rewrite the fstab to /dev/mapper/vg-root I can boot in. But
11 also couldn't see /dev/sda and others. When I use this command udevadm test
12 /sys/block/sda/sda1 then it appears at under /dev/sda1 , this also true for
13 the loop device ram devices and others. I use kernel 2.6.32-xen-r1 , and
14 sys-fs/udev-151-r4. any help will be appreciated.