From: Heinz Sporn <heinz.sporn@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] courier problems
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 05:55:56
1 Am Mittwoch, den 23.11.2005, 16:17 -0500 schrieb Nick Smith:
4 > On 11/23/05, James Hiscock <boxroot@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > ive been trying to setup a mail server following the how-to
6 > at
7 > >
8 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Linux_Virtual_Hosting_Server#Virtual_Mail_Hosting
9 > > and everything seems to have been setup correctly, but i
10 > keep getting these
11 > > errors and cant login
12 >
13 > I know I had to reduce the set of authentication modules in
14 > /etc/courier/authlib/authdaemonrc to get my install of
15 > courier-imap to
16 > let me login properly... I changed
17 >
18 > authmodulelist="authuserdb authpam authshadow authldap
19 > authmysql
20 > authcustom authpipe"
21 >
22 > to just
23 >
24 > authmodulelist="authpam authshadow"
25 >
26 > ...and that resolved my problems. I seem to recall errors
27 > about
28 > invalid MySQL configuration, though, which is what twigged me
29 > to the
30 > problem... maybe your issue is somewhat similar?
31 >
32 > --
33 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
34 >
35 > i wish it were that simple, all i have in mine, just like the how-to
36 > says is
37 >
38 > authmodulelist="authmysql authpam"
39
40 What about interactively logging into mysql with the provided
41 credentials? Does that work?
44 > thanks for the info.
45 >
46 > Nick