From: Nick Smith <nick.smith79@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] courier problems
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:30:24
1 On 11/23/05, James Hiscock <boxroot@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > > ive been trying to setup a mail server following the how-to at
4 > >
5 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Linux_Virtual_Hosting_Server#Virtual_Mail_Hosting
6 > > and everything seems to have been setup correctly, but i keep getting
7 > these
8 > > errors and cant login
9 >
10 > I know I had to reduce the set of authentication modules in
11 > /etc/courier/authlib/authdaemonrc to get my install of courier-imap to
12 > let me login properly... I changed
13 >
14 > authmodulelist="authuserdb authpam authshadow authldap authmysql
15 > authcustom authpipe"
16 >
17 > to just
18 >
19 > authmodulelist="authpam authshadow"
20 >
21 > ...and that resolved my problems. I seem to recall errors about
22 > invalid MySQL configuration, though, which is what twigged me to the
23 > problem... maybe your issue is somewhat similar?
24 >
25 > --
26 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
27 >
28 > i wish it were that simple, all i have in mine, just like the how-to says
29 is
30
31 authmodulelist="authmysql authpam"
32